At UNSW Engineering, we hold the quality of our research to the highest academic standards to deliver positive, real-world impact. The quality and impact of our research is recognised in our outstanding global reputation and collaborations efforts.
Our research spans across eight schools and numerous leading institutes and centres. Our students engage in academic-lead research opportunities to further enrich their education.
UNSW Engineering is the largest engineering faculty in Australia and is made up of eight schools.
- Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
- School of Chemical Engineering
- School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- School of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications
- School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- School of Minerals and Energy Resources Engineering
- School of Photovoltaics and Renewable Energy Engineering
Our researchers have a range of expertise and knowledge in new and expanding technologies. Selected capabilities have been captured in the following portfolios: