If you’re a current undergraduate student at UNSW, you may apply for a program transfer via one of the following two methods:

  • UNSW Internal Program Transfer (IPT) via myUNSW
  • Universities Admission Centre (UAC)*

To ensure your best chance of success, please review the admission requirements for each option before applying.

*UAC is only available to domestic students (i.e. an Australian or New Zealand citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, a holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa).

UNSW Internal Program Transfer (IPT)

Students who apply for a program transfer via the IPT process are assessed on three key conditions:

  • Weighted Average Mark (WAM) in your current program or your overall studies at UNSW
  • Units of Credit (UOC) completed and/or are enrolled in
  • Good academic standing

IPT enables you to transfer from one program to another (e.g. from a BE to a BSc) or between single degree and double degree programs.

All details such as eligibility, conditions and requirements and application periods, can be found on the Current Students website.

Universities Admission Centre (UAC)

If you’re a domestic student and fail to meet any of the IPT criteria above, you can apply via UAC for admission into your preferred program. UAC will consider your original admission qualification alone. For example, your ATAR (if you’re a first-year student) or ATAR in conjunction with your UNSW WAM. The longer you’ve been studying at university, the more weight will be given to your WAM when determining your admission rank.

Students should bear in mind there is an application fee associated with a UAC application and a highly competitive process. You’ll be competing with other students in NSW and the ACT for admission to UNSW in the year you apply.

Full details of application procedures and deadlines can be found on the Universities Admission Centre website.


If you’re unsure on whether to apply for an IPT or through UAC, please contact the relevant Program Authority.