A placement relevant to your program or specialisation in a conventional professional engineering workplace. This is generally where significant technical engineering tasks related to the Engineers Australia (EA) Stage 1 Competencies are undertaken.
- You must undertake at least 30 days of traditional industrial training
- A minimum of 10 days can be counted as one placement
- Be supervised by a qualified Engineer and paid
Traditional Industrial Training can be in the form of:
- Technical engineering tasks
- Engineering-related tasks (office or field-based activities that solve engineering problems)
- Engineering consulting. This includes working for professional engineering service firms who provide independent services, expertise and technical advice
- Industry-based research and development
You must apply for approval as soon as you receive confirmation of an offer.
Required Supporting Documentation
Please refer to the Faculty of Engineering Industrial Training Moodle page